Life, theology, tears, joys.

June 2, 2007

Country Music?

Alright, so I admit that a lot of the people that condemn country music have some basis for their condemnation.

I also admit (or is it confess?) that I happen to like choice country music. So does Mom. Dad doesn't, but he puts up with us (thanks Daddy!).

So, for mother's day I put together about 10 of my favorite country songs for Mom (bought off the web). Her birthday is coming up, and she wants another!

I will now admit that the CD I put together for her was all the good country songs I like that I could remember enough about them to be able to get their titles!!

I am now welcoming suggestions for good, clean, funny, upbeat (She doesn't want any slow ones... this is getting harder all the time!) country songs. any genre, any singer.

Here's the ones I already have:

God Blessed Texas
Little Bit of Life
Three Wooden Crosses (Randy Travis)
Drive (Alan Jackson - we have the whole album)
The Devil Went Down To Georgia
I'm Gonna Miss Her
Where Were You (When The World Stopped Turning)
The Bumper Of My SUV
Red neck Yacht Club
Work In Progress

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love "What this world needs is a few more rednecks" . . . but I can't remember who does does it. I just know it cracked me up when I first heard it. :)

-JP

readersis said...

If she likes bluegrass too, go for "Grandma's Feather Bed" and "Thank God I'm A Country Boy" by John Denver... great stuff... definitely upbeat!