Life, theology, tears, joys.

May 30, 2010

Out and About and En Route

Just wanted to let people know that I'll be out of town for a few weeks, and then my schedule is going to be slightly crazy after that. Don't want anyone thinking that I've up and disappeared!

As a little personal anecdote of some sort seems called for in a post this short, I'll have you know that I don't like packing. I especially don't like packing 'till 1am the day before I leave. Now how, you may ask, did this unfortunate circumstance come about?

Mom's birthday is right around the time I'll be getting back. I, of course, didn't realized that because we'll be celebrating it the day after I get back, I won't be able to do any cooking, shopping, etc. Fortunately, I did realize this, just not quite soon enough to be comfortable. So, various preparations have been sprinkled over the past few days, which I won't go in to, but the kicker really came today. Actually, the problem started Thursday, which was the day I had planned on packing, but it wasn't painful 'till today.

I had planned on spending maybe and hour and a half packing, maybe an hour helping Dad, Buddy and Birdie on some projects outside, and also spending the morning and lunchtime making Mom's birthday cake. NOT!! I chose a cake that is really beautiful, but was a lot more involved than it appeared in the picture - try 8 hours involved! (The cake is gorgeous, though - a 10" square two-layer chocolate cake with chocolate mocha frosting and 70 little pink drop flowers all over it)

Then, I left for Bible study... stayed later than expected... and you have my not so great time slot for packing. However, I hope to have a great time, and all this will be well worth it - and Mom really likes her cake, too :-).

No comments: