Life, theology, tears, joys.

January 12, 2009

Chaparral Cleanse

Ever heard of this? Well, some people have been trying to convince me to do this for a few years. I was actually planning to do it in November, but never did.

Chaparral is an herb, that is used to cleanse the blood of impurities (toxins, germs, microbes and all the other "gunk" that gets trapped in there, particularly when you're sick and can't process them right). The Chaparral Cleanse, is 21 days of drinking one cup of Chaparral tea a day.

So, I was planning to start it as soon as some out-of-town guests left on or about the 2nd of January. But then, I ran into getting some graduation stuff ready, which ended up taking almost all week last week. Also, Mom's been sick, and I still haven't completely recovered from the holiday's and their accompanying activities. All that to say, it took me until this morning to start it.

So, I started it. Some people actually like the stuff evidently.

I don't.

I officially think that it taste's the way Weed-B-Gon smells!! The dried Chaparral leaf kind of smells like fertilizer, so that makes sense.

All I can do is sigh. I really think this will help me, but it will make me feel very sick over the next three weeks.

So, all that to say, I'm going to probably be quite sick for a while, so please pray that I am able to get through, and that all this will be beneficial. And, they do say that the taste will "grow on you". In my opinion, fat chance, but pray that it does.

No comments: