Life, theology, tears, joys.

January 2, 2009

Post-Christmas Post

Merry Christmas!

We had a very nice Christmas, just the five of us. Our Christmas Eve play and evening program went very well, Mom and Dad LOVED it! I got another book from Lamplighter Publishers. I would have read it by now, but I have 3 1/2 books sitting on my night stand that I'm reading (one of them I'm reading for the third or fourth time, hence the "1/2"). I decided I have to finish at least one of them before I start another!

It has been officially announced that I have very good taste in clothes. You see, Birdie, Buddy and I went to a mall near here to do some Christmas Shopping, and Dad tells me, "If you see a nice sweater for your mom, get it, I'm not going to have time to go out myself for that". I came home with excellent deals on two sweaters, and Although one of them just plain didn't fit Mom right, she really liked the other one! Then, a first time experience for me, Mom and I went shopping early on the day after Christmas. It was actually kind of fun, especially since I was clothes shopping for someone else who was placing her clothes choice in my hands.

I would like to note that this DOES NOT, I repeat, DOES NOT imply that I now enjoy shopping, or that I like figuring out styles and trends, or that I am now a fashion consultant/personal shopper etc. It only means that Mom and I can go shop and actually enjoy it.

Happy New Year!

For New Year's, Aunt J and Uncle A came to visit us, arriving the evening of the day after Christmas. We did a little touring around, they did some things on their own, we had some other family from somewhat north of us come to visit, played games, watched movies (Bourne Ultimatum was excellent, even for the fourth time through) and generally visited.

This, coming on the heals of the Christmas Week preparations, really did me in. I wasn't really feeling so good before Christmas because of all the things we were doing. I made it through Christmas Eve and Day alright, just pushing through on adrenaline, but that can only last so long.

I really just need to take a month off from life, but that isn't going to happen. But, I did have a really nice time over the past weeks, even though daily naps became a necessity and all that tiredness is rather depressing.

Now, I'm dealing with the "finish" syndrome, talking about bio's and pictures for graduation (oh, the scary word), and doing my best to actually be done when graduation pronounces me so!

Well, that's the update for now, hope everyone had a nice Christmas and New Year, and God Bless America (by saving her from herself).

No comments: