Life, theology, tears, joys.

December 3, 2007

Drivers-Ed Glee/The Dumbing Down of America

at this rate, I'll have all the "classroom" time done by tomorow night!! YEAH!! Since we're leaving for Illinois at the end of the week, and I'm going to be doing a lot of the driving, I'm trying to get it done in the hopes of relieving some of Mom's worries about my driving. We're hoping that the curriculem helps some... not that I'm all that bad, just don't like changing lanes and merging, and I don't act overly well under the sort of pressure one gets on the road. I think my real problem is that I don't multi-task very well, not a good starting point for driving, is it?

Ok, so besides the fact that I'm trying to finish the thing, is that the curriculem is so DUMB! the questions are either idiot proof to an idiotic point, or they are on useless information (my favorite was a question regarding a study basdically looking at how much dumber sixteen-year-old drivers became from 1975-99, it wanted to knowif it was 20%, 36%, 70% or 84% or something like that).

first of all, I'm not so dumb as to need the answers handed to me like so many are. Second of all, I think that the people who wrote the stuff must be dumb themselves: they wrote questions on information I can't possibly use, want to know, etc. \

anyhow, need to get back to reading the material :-P

5 comments:

readersis said...

Driver's ed is pretty much just a gov't-imposed joke. At least you don't have to shell out three hundred bucks just to have a "certified" instructor teach twenty-four hours of boring class...

the.joyful.one said...

amen to that, RS!

readersis said...

hey, you're online! Cool. Have you got IM, perchance?

the.joyful.one said...

no, I do gtalk though. do you have my personal email adress? do you have a gmail account? I'll try to find your adress...

readersis said...

yeah, I have gtalk too, it's readersis just like everything else. :-P shoot me a message so I can add you on to my list.