Life, theology, tears, joys.

October 18, 2007

Knees and Bikes

Some of you know that a litle less than two months ago Dad, Buddy, Birdie and I went on a 39 mile bike ride on the path 'round here. (We headed East 20 miles and then back) If you knew that, then you also know that on mile 1 I made a really stupid mistake (that any 9 year old who's been bikeing more than a year would know not to do) and fell and skaped up my knees really bad. I then rode another 38 miles (during which I aplied anti-bactierial stuff and cleaned it numerous times).

Well, nearly two months later all I have left on my knees are some red spots that haven't aquired their usual color, but they're basically healed.

At the same time, though, for the past two months I've been having more knee pain than usual, and it feels different than it used to. I inspected my knees, and I think my knee caps have actaully moved (I already had off-set knee caps anyways, but they're in different spots now).

Theory: I tore some ligaments or something when I fell, but didn't know it becuause I was in so much pain from the scrapes that I didn't notice that the actual joints were hurting.

So, if you all could please pray that they heal themselves and I don't have to take them to a doc to figuer out what needs done or not done, I'd appriciate it.

No comments: