Life, theology, tears, joys.

May 3, 2007

*Sigh* its been a long time

Wow, it's sure been a while.

First of all, we made it home in one piece, just so you know. (Actually, with a few extra pieces as we did have some car trouble - needed a new water pump in the middle of Nebraska of all places)

Since we got home, I've been getting back to normal life, something we (or anyhow I) haven't really had since November of '05 (Sick, debate, then sick again). We are now doing a full load of academics, and I have to admit (somewhat unwillingly) that I am enjoying it. As much as I despise math in all it's forms, it's nice to be back to algebra.

I'm reading a million books. here's the list:
Finding God Beyond Harvard
Finding God At Harvard
Understanding the Times
Original Intent
A Tale Of Two City's
as well as the next book in the G.A. Henty historical fiction series is (I just finished Orange and Green: a tale of Boyne and Limerick(sp?))
My little sis is still reading the Elsie Dinsmore series to me (we finally made it to the third book, YEAH!!!!! It's about time.)

Lot's of cooking/baking for the fam and cleaning before the Realtors show up.

Oh, and our soccer season started a few weeks ago, and I am actually making it through the practices without killing myself! We are having an optional practice today that I'll probably go to as well.

Mom decided that we are going to have Mother's day early this year because on the weekend of mother's day we are going to a homeschool convention, and she knows that she'll be tired out on Sunday. So, we are having it this Saturday. Has anyone ever made a meringue before? Mom wants me to make her a lemon meringue pie for her, and I have to admit I'm a little worried about it. any tips?

Oh, and for those of you around here, the convention we're going to is having a Generation Joshua Teen Track that I will be participating in. It looks like an absolute BLAST! They are having some great speakers on great topics and they are going to have a MOCK PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you know we had the author of Finding God at Harvard speak here recently?

-JP

the.joyful.one said...

yes I did. that's actually how I have them right now... someone bought them when she spoke and then loaned them to me until graduation.

Anonymous said...

oh! she's not dead!!

I don't think I've heard of the two Finding God books, though I know those other titles/authors. Who wrote 'em?

Wow, soccer? And you've still got mono? You must be eating lots of fish...

Nope, never attempted to make a meringue. In fact, I'm not even sure I know what it is. :-P

the.joyful.one said...

The author of the Finding God books is Kelly Monroe Kullberg.

Actually, I don't have mono - never did thankfully - they thought I did. I've had Lyme and have Fibromialgia(sp?). It is great that I am able though, you're right.

readersis said...

Oh, OK - so you're still getting over the lyme? My art co-op teacher has FM...