Life, theology, tears, joys.

March 5, 2007

And On That Day - Phil Keaggy song


A few months ago, I decided it was time to try doing a special music piece in church. I wanted something that wasn't to long or strenuous, as my voice is really weak along with the rest of my muscles. Dad has a Phil Keaggy album - True Believer - that I enjoy. I wanted to do one of his pieces, but they are all in an awful key for me to sing.... except one. And On That Day, is written for Phil to sing with a substantial female backup - that by the end is more of a duet - and so it's in a key that's half way decent. It also has a flute part (actually it's for an ebo, but flute sufficed fine), so I played and sang in the same song.


Yesterday, we performed it! It was beautiful! I was so glad it came off well. It was our music pastor doing the male voice and guitar, a girl on the keyboard filling in with long chords, snare drum brushes, and bass (plus me singing and playing flute). It sounded GREAT. The sound guys took a recording of it and sent it to us, which is really nice.


I was so happy to be able to do some music performance again.

No comments: