Life, theology, tears, joys.

March 2, 2007

Verses about Prayer

We have a software that has the Bible on it, and let's you search it in different ways. I decided to do a word search on the word prayer. For now I am sticking to the Psalms because so many came up. Here are some of my favorites:

Psalm 4:1 (ESV)
Answer me when I call, O God of my righteousness! You have given me relief when I was in distress. Be gracious to me and hear my prayer!

Psalm 66:19-20 (ESV)
But truly God has listened; he has attended to the voice of my prayer. Blessed be God, because he has not rejected my prayer or removed his steadfast love from me!

Psalm 102:17 (ESV)
He regards the prayer of the destitute and does not despise their prayer.

Psalm 141:2 (ESV)
Let my prayer be counted as incense before you, and the lifting up of my hands as the evening sacrifice!

This one was my favorite:

Psalm 69:13 (ESV)
But as for me, my prayer is to you, O Lord. At an acceptable time, O God, in the abundance of your steadfast love answer me in your saving faithfulness.

No comments: